The yusheng that I ate...
Monday, January 26, 2009
Reunion Dinner
Not too long ago, it was a Sunday, and it was Chinese New Year Eve. That meant that most Chinese had to eat something known as a reunion dinner, which is a tradition. For that, my relatives and I went to the Expo ballrooms to eat our reunion dinner. However, the ballroom was not booked by us, but rather by a restaurant. At about 6pm, we started having our dinner, starting off with something that we know as YuSheng. This dish is a fish salad which usually consists of strips of raw fish, mixed with shredded vegetables and a variety of sauces and condiments, among other ingredients. Yusheng is also a symbol of abundance and prosperity. Then, in a celebration, known as lohei,we tossed the ingredients together, while saying auspicious wishes, hoping that the year would start off good. This was the third yusheng that I had over a period of less than five days. I wonder if this will make me any luckier this year. However, the dish had an odd taste to it, and I could not eat so much of it. And so, we continued our dinner until about eight at night, and also, the dinner was a costly four hundred dollars. After that, my family and I stayed up till midnight watching a countdown show. Finally, the year of the ox arrives, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
The yusheng that I ate...
The yusheng that I ate...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment